Saturday, May 31, 2008

Setting off for China

Greetings and welcome to Green's International Travel Blog.

As you will see from my profile, I am an Assistant Professor of Sociology and Community Development in the Division of Social Sciences at Delta State University. Additionally, I serve as Graduate Coordinator for Community Development and Director of the Institute for Community-Based Research.

My interests include community development, sustainability, health and globalization. As part of my work, I do a good bit of travel. Much of this is domestic (US), but I am doing more and more international travel as well. Interestingly, many of the faculty in the Division of Social Sciences at DSU travel and work internationally.

Today I am heading for China as part of the American Sociological Association's trip to China. I am taking this trip to help develop relationships with sociologists and other researchers in China as part of an effort at my University to build international components into our programs.

I will try to post updates daily whenever possible, so I hope you will check back regularly.

5 comments:

John J. Green said...

Lisa says stay up until at least 9pm when you get there to stave off jet lag!

love elle

Julianne said...

Welcome to the blogosphere!

Hope you have a safe and productive trip to China. We look forward to reading about it.

Your profile photo is so professor-y!

The Hales

Kimberly M. Cooley said...

Dr. J! China? Wow! Safe travels and much fun. Take care.

Kimberly

p.s. welcome to the blog-o-sphere!

Unknown said...

How were the duck feet? Glad your trip is going so well.

Cam

Elle said...

I am especially interested in any of your discoveries/discussions about the earthquake disaster. Also, I have seen recently on PBS that China does not have a strong history of public participation (it's been a one-party govt), but that may be changing. Please explore that for us in regard to opportunities for participatory research. (Pick the brains of those Sociologists).
Thanks! -- Partner of the Year